Everyone needs a white shirt.
A good friend lost her bag and all its contents over the weekend. Her make-up bag, which had ALL her make-up, was in the bag. Now she has no make-up and needs to build her stash again. Dessert Gifts cannot even console her.
It was an eye-opener for us. We should not keep all our make-up in the bag, since we don’t really use them all the time. A fashionista recommended we have the basic items in our make-up bag:
1) A good eyelash curler. Seriously, you’ve got to see the difference it makes. Insane. A portable one is great because they’re super tiny and can easily fit into any makeup bag.
2) A dark eyeliner. Black or brown or both. Non-negotiable.
3) Mascara. It can be thickening, lengthening, volumizing. Dramatic lashes just make you look more awake and “with it.” Plus, it keeps focus on your eyes and not on, say, a big pimple.
4) Lipstick. One light, one dark.
5) A subtle sparkly eye shadow. Beige works. So does champagne. Just look for something light that shimmers. You can put it in your lids for a soft, girlie effect, in your inner corners to open your eyes up or along your cheekbones to make them look higher. So versatile! An acceptable substitute: Highlighter.
Your Spring-ready colorblock dress can easily do double duty — all you have to do is switch out your structured blazer for a laid-back chambray button-down, ditch the heels for go-anywhere flat sandals, and add a colorful scarf.
Everyone needs a classic cardigan — double points if it comes in a citrusy-cool hue. Channel a menswear-inspired look for the office by tucking a printed button-down into a pencil skirt, then cinching your open cardigan with a pretty floral belt. Make your neon cardi work for the weekend by throwing it over your swimsuit and a pair of striped shorts.
A floral-print pencil skirt brings some girlie sophistication to the workplace; pair it with a floaty silk blouse (untucked) and a bright fitted blazer. If you’re still feeling the chill, a silk-blend scarf acts as the perfect anchor. For evening, show your sexy, daring side by wearing your high-waisted skirt with a lace bandeau bra and long leather vest.
Tangerine Tango is considered to be Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2012, so we expect it to be featured in runways and home interior decorating trends a lot. The question is how do we incorporate the color into our present wardrobe without going over the top AND making it blend and stand out. Do not go buying all the orange you can get your hands on though as your credit card might just get maxed out and before you know it, you might be charged with Payment Fraud.
Here are some tips according to the Budget Fashionista:
Tone it done- Balance out the vibrant shade by placing it up top with a pairing of khaki, white, or Pantone neutrals, Starfish and Driftwood below.
All-over color- The easiest way to pull off all-over color in the shade would be a simple sheath or party frock. Mimicking the runway looks with multiple pieces in the same shade ends up looking too matchy-matchy and advertisement-like on the streets.
Basic additions- A great tote or envelope clutch in tangerine can be a surprising transformation to Spring style. Update classic wardrobe items with a bold bag for a dip into the Tangerine Tango pool without feeling too much like a popsicle.
Block it up- Just because the shade beat out the others, doesn’t mean it should be isolated from its friends. Create a color-blocked look by layering different all-over brights into one ensemble. For those less daring, use a different colored shoe as the pop in the mix.
Print it out- Whether you prefer sporty stripes or flirty florals, there’s plenty of tangerine prints that effortlessly incorporate the color pairings we’ve suggested, and we’ve got our hearts set on some paisley handkerchief prints that just scream resort wear.
Qualities of a good nurse uniforms and scrubs
You can easily distinguish someone who works in the medical field like doctors and nurses in a crowd because of their all-white Medical Clothing. White is nice as it exudes professionalism and neatness which is important for someone whose day to day job is to save lives.
But we are all aware of how a doctor and a nurse work. Everyday, they have a busy schedule as they juggle their time to attend to patients, to clean an open wound, to respond to a person in pain and many more. Because of this, wearing an all-white uniform is not convenient as it can easily get soiled from all the days work.
Thankfully, the traditional uniforms and scrubs have undergone a transformation with the trendy and colorful scrubs from Peaches Uniforms.
Peaches Uniforms is one of the trusted brands when it comes with nurse uniforms. They have been in the business since 1987 that just goes to show that they are one of the leading brands of nurse uniforms and scrubs in the market today.
Their uniforms are so trendy as it comes in many different prints, colors and styles. But aside from being fashionable, Peaches Uniforms stand out from the rest because of the following reason:
- Comfortable. The day to day work of a nurse or doctor entails a lot of stretching forward, reaching up, bending over, running and the like which requires a very comfortable uniform that will allow them to move easily and freely as they conduct their medical practice.
- Fabric Material. Nurses and doctors’ uniforms are prone to stains and dirt from sweat, blood, spills and the like that it is important that their uniforms are made from material that can resist stains. Peaches uniforms are made from polyester material that makes it easy to remove and wash away the stains while still keeping it looking like new even after several washes.
- Durable. Peaches uniforms are very durable that it can stand the strain brought by the day-to-day activities of nurses and doctors.
- Affordable. Peaches uniforms is one of the most affordable brand of uniforms and scrubs that you can find in the market today without sacrificing the quality. You can even save more if you buy in sets and in bulk.
- Professional Looking. Even if Peaches uniforms is a break from the traditional all-white uniforms that is typical for nurses and doctors, it maintains the professional and authoritative look that is needed for staff who works in the medical field.
For those in the medical field, fashion shouldn’t be the only criteria when choosing their uniforms and scrubs. Durability and functionality of the uniforms should be in their consideration too and they will never go wrong if they get Peaches Uniforms.
Many occupations require the use of specialized clothing that are designed to help them perform better the tasks associated with their work. Aside from this, specialized work clothes are also designed to keep you safe and as comfortable as possible while at work.
WorkingPerson.com is an online source of various clothes for working people. Among the products you can find on the site are work boots, steel toe boots, restaurant and chef shoes, work pants, sweatshirts, high visibility clothes, coveralls, overalls, flame resistant clothing, jackets, vests, safety glasses, work gloves, hard hats, corporate apparel, and many more. You can find items from various brands such as Dickies, Carhartt, and Timberland, among others.
The website is very easy to use and typical of many shopping sites. The home page is a visual feast of images featuring many of the products you can find on the site. This means that you get an accurate and excellent overview of what WorkingPerson.com has to offer even before you navigate to the inside pages.
For those who are looking for something specific, you do not have to be computer savvy to find what you are looking for. The list of categories on the left sidebar is more than enough to narrow down your search to specific types of products that you want to view. You may also use the big search box below the header to look for anything that the category list might not show. The product pages provide you with excellent images of the products so that it is almost like buying the items in a real store.
The site WorkingPerson.com is a complete online shopping destination for those who are looking for work clothes, shoes, accessories, and uniforms.
Most of my friends have taken up a sport this year and most of them have turned into running. While their husbands are now competing in triathlons and have invested in bike racks, they have slowly but surely trained for 5k marathons with the intention of joining a triathlon in the future. I have seen quite some nice running shoes lately and I’d like to share them with you!
Newton Running shoes - natural running style shoes for mid-foot and forefoot striking… also, delightfully ridiculous bright colors.
New Balance – NB 890.
The Puma PUMAGILITY women’s running shoes are designed to handle your running and training needs at the gym. The shoe is a great mix of functionality and style because it forms a stable platform when you need it most while always looking the part. Midsole flex grooves enhance the flexibility of the shoe so you can focus on the task at hand.
I think that as a woman gets older, she becomes more conscious of how she looks. This is where consistent skin care, diet and fitness and an newfound love for make-up happens. Well, it’s what happened in my case!
When I hit my 30′s I started to be quite obsessive with skin care as I have noticed fine lines popping out. There is a reason why we were forced to wear sunscreen when we were just teenagers people! Listen to your mom!
Nothing beats a healthy lifestyle (Lots of water, sleep, good diet and exercise) to make one’s skin glow, literally. And you can have the nicest make-up but it can be hard to cover up a blotchy face. Dull skin can be spotted miles away even from a metal building!
So there. This might just be a nonsense post but ladies, you get the point