As women, we tend to be drawn to girly colors, like the large bean bag above. Thankfully, interior decoration also has progressed so much that they consider red and orange, such lively colors, as accents and totally acceptable pieces of furniture in a home. Who doesn’t want a bean bag? It’d be a perfect piece to add to any place in the house, be it the dining room or bedroom!
I am not expecting but it doesn’t stop me from checking out trendy maternity dresses. I love the ones above since they are in my favorite form of dress – the maxi dress – and even incorporates the colorblocking trend! I bet these dresses are not only as fashionable but very comfortable. I love maternity fashion these days, they have come a long way since the time I was pregnant with my eldest!
1. A great vintage find you can brag about. Oh, this thing? I picked it up in Marrakesh in ’98.
2. A medium weight, tailored leather jacket that transcends seasons you’ll have for 10 years or more, that makes even the sweetest look seem a little bit badass.
3. Spanx. Even superheroes, er, supermodels wear it.
4. A great work bag that can fit portfolios, your lunch, and your laptop.
5. A huge necklace to distract on days you haven’t done laundry yet.
6. A signature scent that makes all of your friends, ex-boyfriends and even past co-workers think of you when they smell it.
7. An eyeshadows palette created just for you – the M.A.C.counter is best.
8. A pair of cowboy boots just for fun–you never know when you’ll have a chance to wear them.
9. At least one backup Halloween costume you can pull out for impromptu parties and/or wild nights.
10. A pair of sexpot shoes that make you feel like a million bucks.
11. A pair of shorts to wear with heels on summer nights.
12. A huge, super comfortable sweater to pull on when you’re sick or when the heat doesnt work.
13. Leggings for PMS days.
14. Sunglasses that fit your face. Tip: take a photo of yourself in them with your iPhone before buying. They look different to you in the mirror when you’re wearing them.
15. A stylish friend the same size as you who’s willing to swap clothes once in awhile.
16. At least one bottle of dry shampoo. Less shampooing = better hair. Beauty editor trick.
17. Neither are achy boobs: add “awesome sports bra” to the list.
18. Good running shoes. Shin splints aren’t sexy.
19. A bikini, kaftan and beach towel you love, for impromptu vacations and because swimsuit shopping more than once every few years sucks majorly.
20. At least one piece of amazing jewelry that makes you smile when you wear it.
21. A good scarf to wrap to wrap a million ways.
22. Expensive jeans that make your butt look a-mah-zing.
23. Chic but comfortable sneakers for weekend errands.
24. Rain boots that don’t look like rain boots.
25. An oversize blouse that looks chic tucked into everything.
26. A gown for a black tie event.
27. A killer cocktail dress.
28. A sexy bra and underwear set. Several sets are even better.
29. One expensive bag you spent your tax return on.
30. Black pumps. Nude pumps. — these I sent in
Why not throw a little print mixing into your vintage floral game? Start with a pair of pretty jeans, cuffed at the leg, and add a slouchy striped tee (you know the rules: as long as the colors match, you’re good to go). Accessorize with a pair of sky-high ankle-strap heels and a sexy pair of shades.
Get the look:
Kain Classic Modal T-Shirt ($90)
Illesteva Leonard Round-Frame Acetate Sunglasses ($165)
Topshop Moto Vintage Floral Jamie Jeans ($90)
Jimmy Choo Beatrix Platform Leather Sandals ($965)
I am currently so in love (and a bit obsessed) with maxi dresses. I am on the plus side and maxi dresses are outfits which are very comfortable and still look great on me so I tend to get obsessed looking for new styles. I love the maxi tank dresses I have been seeing lately, so perfect for summer. Zoe Saldana rocked the maxi dress in the picture above, even picking up three trends in the process – color blocking, stripes and bright hues (ever notice the stripes even resemble that of a beach ball?). This is exactly like my past obsessions with wholesale products at MyLeather.com.
I am loving the dresses I am seeing at Old Navy and it has taken every ounce of self-discipline not to check-out items. Here is a summer outfit with a maxi dress:
This breezy maxi dress would look great with a denim vest on top — just add a crossbody bag, flat sandals, and a stack of bangles for a sweet daytime look. (just my kind of look!)
Get the look:
• Topshop Sleeveless Denim Jacket ($76)
• Banana Republic Leaf Bangle Set ($40)
• Forever 21 Quilted Flap Crossbody ($23)
• Jil Sander Contrast Leather Sandals ($595)
• Bec & Bridge Floral Maxi Dress ($454)
Before I got addicted to bags and shoes, I love painting my face. Yes, I fell in love with make-up first, only I didn’t get to buy my own. Before I just raided my mom’s make-up stash and used whatever she had. Now that I have money on my own I get to choose which ones I like. I tend to stick to tried and tasted (and basic) make-up tools though: Bobbi Brown brushes, Urban Decay Glide on Pens, NAKED Palette, NARS blushes, MAC powder and MAC lippies. The rest I get to replenish once a year and the barcode scanners of Sephora are absolutely happy but MAC lipsticks – oh my. I can hoard and hoard and still have so many on my wishlist.
Currently I have these three on my immediate wishlist (meaning they are next on my list for buying once I have the extra money) – notice two of them have the same shade (sorta):
MAC VIVA GLAM V
MAC SHY GIRL
I currently have the MAC lipsticks Angel and Viva Glam VI. Ruby Woo is on its way too I can’t wait!
Hit the beach in a girlie, romantic vintage floral bikini — layer it with salmon-hued shorts, a denim button-down tied at the waist, and cool daytime accessories like a neon crossbody bag and flat sandals.
Get the look:
Old Navy Chambray Tie-Hem Top ($18, originally $25)
Zimmermann Devoted Floral-Print Bikini ($225)
Milly Kelsey Leather Mini Bag ($198)
Chloé Braided Flat Sandal ($695)
J.Crew 4″ Chino Shorts ($45)
For a sailing date, there’s really no reason not to go full-on nautical chic — after all, you’re on a boat! Layer a printed bikini with crisp white shorts and a striped tee, then add a pair of classic boat shoes in a fresh, fun color combo. Add a straw hat and sunglasses, and you’ll be perfectly prepped for a day at sea.
Get the look:
Topshop Straw Pork Pie Hat ($45)
R13 Striped Cropped Pocket Tee ($155)
J.Crew 4″ Chino Short ($45)
Milly For Sperry Top-Sider Authentic Original Boat Shoes ($83)
Emamo Messico Printed Bikini ($290)
Boyfriend jeans are a favorite pair to hang around in on weekends because of their comfy, slouchy fit. Still, that doesn’t mean you can’t give them a little seasonal sophistication. With a fitted white blazer, a pastel tank, and a pretty pair of espadrilles, they may be just polished enough to take to a casual office.
One of our favorite sunny-day Spring looks is a girlie dress topped with a slightly edgy denim vest. By adding a Panama hat, comfy sneakers, and round-frame sunglasses, you’re basically ready for music festival season.
We always reach for our striped tees to style out white denim for Summer, but for an alternative, look to superpretty fabrics, like this chiffon blouse, to give your jeans a more feminine vibe. Add in a pair of embellished flats and a delicate necklace for a sweet look that works as easily at the office as it does for dinner and drinks.