Enjoying time off with friends or co-workers is a great way to unwind and relax after a long hard week at the office. Most would go to bars to drink the night away, watch movies at the theater then enjoy a cup of coffee afterwards or go to dinner buffets. One of the unique ways to enjoy time with friends is go to a karaoke!
Karaoke bars usually have public seating areas and private rooms where you can sing to your heart’s content without anyone outside hearing you. The room is soundproof and if you notice, your voice sounds better when singing, very much like in a home theater system. The two secrets to a great home theater experience are: Soundproof flooring and acoustic foam.
Acoustical foam is specially designed foam, made of just the right size bubbles, and the right materials to maximally absorb the range of frequencies from the lowest bass to the highest audible pitch. The best of foams are shaped with outwards protruding spikes or acoustic foam pyramids which increases the surface area of the foam, and thereby increase the absorption of the sound.
Now enjoy singing.
Just wanted to keep this here for reference
Source: Glamour Magazine | Date Published: 1997
By 30, you should have..
One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
A youth you’re content to move beyond.
A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
The realization that you are actually going to have an old age — and some money set aside to help fund it.
An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account — all of which nobody has access to but you.
A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
The belief that you deserve it.
A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30, you should know..
How to fall in love without losing yourself.
How you feel about having kids.
How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
When to try harder and when to walk away.
How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
Where to go — be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat — when your soul needs soothing.
That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
Why they say life begins at 30
1. A great vintage find you can brag about. Oh, this thing? I picked it up in Marrakesh in ’98.
2. A medium weight, tailored leather jacket that transcends seasons you’ll have for 10 years or more, that makes even the sweetest look seem a little bit badass.
3. Spanx. Even superheroes, er, supermodels wear it.
4. A great work bag that can fit portfolios, your lunch, and your laptop.
5. A huge necklace to distract on days you haven’t done laundry yet.
6. A signature scent that makes all of your friends, ex-boyfriends and even past co-workers think of you when they smell it.
7. An eyeshadows palette created just for you – the M.A.C.counter is best.
8. A pair of cowboy boots just for fun–you never know when you’ll have a chance to wear them.
9. At least one backup Halloween costume you can pull out for impromptu parties and/or wild nights.
10. A pair of sexpot shoes that make you feel like a million bucks.
11. A pair of shorts to wear with heels on summer nights.
12. A huge, super comfortable sweater to pull on when you’re sick or when the heat doesnt work.
13. Leggings for PMS days.
14. Sunglasses that fit your face. Tip: take a photo of yourself in them with your iPhone before buying. They look different to you in the mirror when you’re wearing them.
15. A stylish friend the same size as you who’s willing to swap clothes once in awhile.
16. At least one bottle of dry shampoo. Less shampooing = better hair. Beauty editor trick.
17. Neither are achy boobs: add “awesome sports bra” to the list.
18. Good running shoes. Shin splints aren’t sexy.
19. A bikini, kaftan and beach towel you love, for impromptu vacations and because swimsuit shopping more than once every few years sucks majorly.
20. At least one piece of amazing jewelry that makes you smile when you wear it.
21. A good scarf to wrap to wrap a million ways.
22. Expensive jeans that make your butt look a-mah-zing.
23. Chic but comfortable sneakers for weekend errands.
24. Rain boots that don’t look like rain boots.
25. An oversize blouse that looks chic tucked into everything.
26. A gown for a black tie event.
27. A killer cocktail dress.
28. A sexy bra and underwear set. Several sets are even better.
29. One expensive bag you spent your tax return on.
30. Black pumps. Nude pumps. — these I sent in
Due to the extreme shortage of nurses in many parts of the world, travel rn jobs were introduced to take care of this shortage and offer an exciting opportunity for licensed and qualified nurses. Hospitals need to share their nurses to other institutions by offering not full time but short term jobs.
There are so many travel nursing jobs offered by travel nursing companies that they key here is to be able to be successful once you are accepted on a job assignment.
Here are some tips on how one can most benefit from being a travel nurse:
1. Be prepared at everything.
2. State your preferences. Let the placement agencies know about your desired conditions so they will know what projects to give you. It is also important that you inquire the details of various assignments available.
3. Do your research and do not hesitate to ask questions. Ask all questions you may have about a particular assignment before accepting it especially about pay rates so you are not caught off guard. Living conditions and employment contract clauses should also be clarified.
4. You should always request a contract in every assignment that you accept. Take time to read it thoroughly and make sure you understand all its details before signing.
If you happen to go to the woods and meet a bear, what would you do? Would you run away? Play dead? Or get a pepper spray?
Crazy as it may seem, you wouldn’t know when you’ll get attacked by someone or something out there. There world is dangerous more than you can imagine. That is why having a bit of protection won’t hurt. You need it. And what can protect you doesn’t need years of practice of Taekwondo or Karate, but all you have to do is to buy pepper spray. It’s safe, effective, light, and handy.
OC spray or mace spray of all kinds and all purposes are the specialty of SABRE Red. It is practical and affordable for everyone. You can definitely use it to a drunk guy, bad people, and even wild animals for a quick escape. Even the smallest product at their store, SABRE Red key chains can spray 10 feet away!
My personal pick out of their products is the Frontiersman Bear Attack Deterrent that can spray scary bears from 35 feet! How cool can it be? Now, I don’t have to get afraid going to the woods alone.
Camping out and building fire pits are always enjoyable experiences. I could not remember a camping trip, beach party or a BBQ party in a friends’ yard that did not involve cooking hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire pit. While most houses these days now use a gas fire pit, fire burning from crackling wood remains to be one of my most cherished childhood memories.
Safety remains to be our first consideration above everything though and I have learned through the years the following:
1. It is better to start with a small fire. You can gauge how a pit draws air, how it responds to changes in the direction of the wind, and how long it burns when you add fuel. This way, we can gradually build up the fire.
2. Using fatwood stick to light a fire is easier. They light with a single match, even when wet!
3. Never use chemicals to start your fire, especially gas and charcoal firestarters.
4. Hardwoods such as oak produce less smoke.
5. Always make sure that the fire is extinguished before calling it a night. Always keep a hose, water supply, sand bucket, or fire extinguisher within reach when using your outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
6. Use the mesh screen that most fire pits have. The screen is meant to control sparks and burning bits of debris, keeping them from exiting the fire area.
Getting a tattoo (or even multiple tattoos) is no longer considered a fad or trend. It looks as if it is here to stay, with people from all walks of life and ages getting tattoos for sentimental or artistic reasons.
If you are someone who is interested in starting a tattoo business, think about practicing with a tattoo starter kit first. You would need to learn under a great tattoo artist, and having your own tattoo kit will help you learn the tricks of the trade faster.
A starter kit contains:
1. Various Tools
Generally, a tattoo starter kit contains guns, tubs, needles, dyes and pigments. You might want to get an autoclave to sterilize your tools as well. A basictattoo machine is known as the tattoo gun and is used to power the needles that inject the pigments into the skin. A clip cord and foot switch for providing power supply to the tattoo gun is also included.
2. DVDs with coaching manuals. They highlight the effective use of ink and how insertion techniques and use of the needle.
3. Contains Fake Skin. It is a dummy skin for you to practice in honing your craft while you learn.
Women are no longer safe in society today. There are a lot of criminal cases against women that we are encouraged to take self-defense lessons, be vigilant and be aware of our surroundings especially when we are alone. It is also strongly suggested to never put oneself in an uncompromising situations like walking in the dark alone at night and carry mace spray and keep it accessible to oneself at all times.
When you buy pepper spray, make sure that you also know how to use it. An OC spray has a shelf life of two to four years. But it would be wise to replace your spray every year. This way you can use your old spray to “practice” spraying.
Here are different types of pepper spray canisters:
1. Fogger. This is used for crowd control or multiple attackers and recommended for situations where it is hard to make careful aim of the spray.
2. Foam. The spray comes out with a consistency of a shaving cream so if you make sure to perfectly aim, this would disable your attacker immediately.
3. Broken Stream. The broken-stream canister allows you to disperse the spray-chemical even when your aim is not perfect, or there is more than one assailant. While very effective you will use the contents of the canister more quickly.
4. Forced cone: This is the most widely used oc spray canister, it disperses a fine mist in an approximate 2 foot wide, by 8 to 12 foot pattern.
It doesn’t matter what you buy, just make sure you know how to use it.
1. When confronted with an attack, it is on impulse that you might hold your arm straight out in front of you with your spray and say that you have got one. Chances are, your attacker can knock it off your hands in a second. Always assume that your attacker is stronger than you, so you need to take advantage of the element of surprise.
2. A better way to distract your attacker from noticing you are getting your pepper spray is shout or yell for help. Your attacker will probably be aiming for your mouth to silence you and this will that small advantage needed to raise your arm, take aim and spray the assailant in the face.